AWA’s mission is to conserve, preserve and restore the natural resources of the Aquetong Watershed.
AWA's Strategic Imperatives
Conserve, preserve, and restore the natural resources of the Aquetong Watershed.
- By assessing and monitoring the condition of the watershed
- By implementing projects for individual, group, business, and governmental participation
To maintain and enhance its quality and beauty.
- By promoting a greater appreciation, understanding, and awareness of the watershed
- By encouraging sustainable ecological practices
- By advocating proactively on issues/ developments affecting the watershed
To sustain the organization.
- By promoting the organization
- By building a strong membership and volunteer base
- By securing a sound financial foundation
- By developing the Board and outlining a succession plan for future leadership
- By partnering with other watershed associations, government and environmental agencies, and conservation groups.
AWA's Strategic FRAMEWORK
- Goal: Monitor and document the restoration of the Aquetong Creek through the Aquetong Spring Park
- Goal: Develop a watershed monitoring plan
- Goal: Review and compile previous assessments and provide recommendations for the future of the watershed
- Goal: Develop and maintain relationships with public and private entities
- Goal: Address major issues impacting the watershed as they arise
- Goal: Encourage Solebury and New Hope to achieve deliverables in their Comprehensive Plans regarding watershed, water, and sewage issues
- Goal: Inform, motivate, and encourage the community to conserve, preserve, and restore the Aquetong Watershed
- Goal: Promote awareness of the importance of protection and preserving watersheds
- Goal: Annually grant a Malcolm Crooks scholarship to a deserving high school senior
- Goal: Improve organizational effectiveness, structure, and membership participation
- Goal: Develop annual goals for each of the coming years and communicate them to our membership
- Goal; Develop a sound succession plan and committee structure with more volunteer participation
- Goal: Maintain our data depository
- Goal: Improve method and effectiveness of communication to the Directors, membership, and community
- Goal: Redesign and update our website to be more current and easy to maintain
Banner photograph provided by Donald Schoenleber.